Outcome: CSM eligibility
Overview — Certified ScrumMaster Training
3Back’s Certified ScrumMaster training provides the tools and information necessary to help you get started with Scrum at your own company. Through a combination of robust simulations, hands-on experience and high-quality instruction, students will learn the fundamentals of Scrum and how to facilitate, coach and lead an agile project.
What You Get — the 3Back Difference
Agenda — Certified ScrumMaster Training
The 2-day Certified ScrumMaster training class (CSM) is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage the diverse background of the participants through facilitated discussion, activities and simulation. The following topics will be covered:
- What are Scrum and Agile?
- The Scrum Framework
- Modern Scrum vs. Traditional Scrum
- Scrum-Appropriate Projects
- Roles and Responsibilities
- ScrumMaster, Product Owner and the Team
- Sprint Planning
- The Daily Standup
- ScrumMaster vs. Project Manager
- Training your Product Owner
- Understanding Flow
- Enhancing Communication
- Emergent Leadership vs. Command and Control
- Facilitation Techniques
- Producing a Well-Formed Team
- Cross-Functional Teams
- Colocated Teams vs. Distributed Teams
- Encouraging Ownership and Accountability
- Living and Encouraging the Scrum Values
- Establishing the Team’s Social Contract
- Maturing a Team
- Respecting the Product
- Writing Stories
- Definition of Done
- Backlog Grooming and Refinement
- Stakeholder Requests and Desires
- Prioritization Factors
- Quality and Value in the Product
- Tracking Progress to Inform Decision Making
- Burndown Graphs and Buildup Charts
- Agile Tooling, the Pros and Cons
- Scaling and Extending Scrum
Exam & Certification Details
Enrolling in 3Back’s Certified ScrumMaster training is the first step toward achieving your own ScrumMaster certification from the world’s largest, oldest and most recognized Scrum certification organization — the Scrum Alliance. Successful completion of a Scrum Alliance approved CSM course is required to take the certification exam. Upon successful completion of your Certified ScrumMaster training class, your credentials will be sent to the Scrum Alliance and they will contact you directly with instructions on taking your exam.
The initial cost of your exam plus a 2-year membership to the Scrum Alliance is included in your 3Back course registration, so there’s no need to worry about hidden costs or surprise fees later on. We know that test anxiety is common so we do everything we can to help you prepare. In addition to the knowledge obtained in class, you will receive a free Scrum Study Guide with two practice exams. And, if you need us, our entire staff (including your trainer) is only a click or call away, so if you need clarification or review, just drop us a line. Following your Certified ScrumMaster training course, you’ll have 90 days to complete the non-proctored online exam.
The exam consists of 35 questions selected randomly from a pool. A passing score requires a minimum of 24 correct answers. Although 3Back students have a pass rate of over 99%, in the event that you should need to retake the exam, a second attempt is included at no cost. Additional attempts are $25 each. We have done our best to provide the most up to date information. However, we suggest checking the Scrum Alliance directly for additional details or confirmation of the above.
Benefits of Certified ScrumMaster Training
So you want to learn Scrum. But is training really worth it? What can training give you that reading a few books can’t?
- Time = Money Transforming your team or organization to a new methodology is a big undertaking. Organized training will give you the kickstart you need and save you valuable time otherwise wasted on costly trial and error.
- Increased Retention Studies show that when learners “do and say,” they experience an increase of knowledge retention up to 80% over reading alone.
- Build Skill, not Just Knowledge Books and blogs are good knowledge resources. Skill, however, is acquired by doing. There is simply no replacement for the skill building that occurs with hands-on activities and real-life simulations.
- Increase your Marketability Don’t fear the job market. Learn increasingly popular skills that employers are looking for and the credentials to prove it.
Who Should Attend?
There is no right or wrong person to attend Certified ScrumMaster training. In fact, the most successful agile adoptions have included training for everyone, right down to Finance and Sales staff. Scrum training is especially appropriate for anyone in the corporate structure dealing with rapidly changing demands. In a traditional organization, these roles might include:
What Industries Use Scrum?
The most popular use of Scrum is for software development in a wide variety of industries, including financial services, insurance, education, information technology, government programs and supply chain management. But Scrum goes beyond software development! We’ve known organizations and individuals who have used Scrum for graphic design, wedding planning, data warehousing, consulting, classroom projects, household management, auto salvage yards and much more. Scrum is appropriate for almost any complex project with rapidly changing or emergent requirements, regardless of the industry.
What Our Students are Saying…
Need more reasons? Don’t take our word for it. See what our students have to say. Read some reviews or watch this short video: