Duration: This workshop is available in three formats:
- Full-day workshop for Management in both their Manager and Employee roles
- Half-day workshop for Managers
- Half-day workshop for Employees
Outcome: Tools for improving employee contribution, engagement and communication
Employee Engagement Workshop — Overview
Employee engagement comes in all shapes and sizes and is critical to the success of any organization. Learn how to balance the needs of your organization and its employees to create both a desirable and a successful workplace in this half or full day workshop.
Students will explore the relationship between employee engagement and motivation, examine the critical role of management, and learn the art of improving employee engagement within their own unique organizational culture and environment.
Why is Employee Engagement Important?
According to a 2013 Gallup Report, up to 70% of U.S. workers are unhappy in their current job. Employee disengagement leads to decreased productivity, absenteeism and turnover, ultimately leading to a decline in operational and financial organizational performance. Particularly in industries employing thought-workers, such as the software industry, employee engagement is vital to the achievements of an organization.
- Encourage innovation
- Amplify Production
- Stop attrition
- Increase customer satisfaction
Employee engagement promotes a healthy and dynamic work environment, ownership of results and sustainable organizational growth. How engaged are your employees? Can your business afford for them to not be?
Employee Engagement Workshop — Agenda
- The ideal engaged employee
- Business benefits
- Identifying attributes and characteristics
- The five personas
- Well-Formed Teams® and engagement
- Engagement level self-assessment
- Foundations for personal engagement
- Scrum values and personal values
- Crafting an engagement conversation
- ROI Metrics for engagement
- Motivation types and triggers
- Action plans and engagement application
Course Goals and Objectives
- Define employee engagement and the two contributing factors
- Understand the benefits and framework of employee engagement
- Discover the five levels of employee engagement
- Using purposeful questions, reflect on your own engagement level
- Discern engagement’s impact on Scrum Teams
- Recognize the three necessary follow-up steps to engagement reflection
- Dive into an employee engagement conversation
- Learn the top seven manager actions to build engagement
- Discover the two biggest drivers of job satisfaction
- Personalize motivation strategies
Who Should Attend?
The Employee Engagement Workshop is appropriate for those who:
- Have a desire to build and maintain job satisfaction for their Team Members
- Would like to increase their organizational contribution to the Team
- Desire an improved client experience and increased customer satisfaction
- Want to decrease employee absenteeism and turnover
Full-day workshop is appropriate for all levels of management. Half-day workshops are available with either a management focus or an employee focus.