Duration: 2 days
Prerequisites: 12 months of professional experience as a Scrum Master during the last five years; Active Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) certification
Outcome: Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) and 14 Category B PDUs
Take the Next Step in Your Scrum Master Journey
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers.
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
To further enhance your knowledge and skills, the next step is achieving an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM®) certification from Scrum Alliance®. Our advanced offering is ideal for a Certified ScrumMaster who has one or more years of work experience in that role.
Through the A-CSM course you will learn how to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values and principles.
- Remove impediments to enable long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile approaches to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition as the Agile expert in your company or location.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.
What are the other benefits of an Advanced ScrumMaster certification?
- A focus on implementation – The A-CSM program is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
- Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace – Our Certified Scrum Trainers and Certified Enterprise Coaches have trained and coached Scrum to over 600,000 people around the globe. The new A-CSM certification provides an opportunity to take the next step and stand out among the global Scrum community.
- Stand out in your industry – As a member of the Scrum Alliance globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
Requirements for Advanced ScrumMaster Certification
This certified educational offering is on the Path to CSP®, providing professionals with a set of techniques and skills that go beyond the basics and mechanics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics.
This course is built upon shared experience and exercises that provide concrete practice to build deeper understanding of and skill with the topics covered. Working with your peers you will develop significantly greater depth in your Scrum Master practice.
Who should attend?
This course is designed specifically for Certified ScrumMasters with the requisite minimum of one year of experience in the role. Come prepared to share your knowledge and experience and learn from the experiences of your peers and the facilitator.
The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, but the learning is serious! Come prepared to learn and have some fun along the way.
*14 Category B PDUs upon completion of the class
3Back Exclusive Scrum Resources
Get To Done® is both online software and cards on walls. We have worked hard to bring this unique tool to you so that you have full support for writing and managing complex backlogs. Stop regressing! Getting Scrum implemented right is hard, your software tool needs to support the right behaviors or groups often regress. Your registration includes, free of charge, lifetime access* to Get To Done® (a value of $60 per year). *Access expires if account remains inactive for 12 consecutive months.
Scrum Dictionary exists for one simple reason. Words matter. In the world of Agile frameworks, words matter even more. Scrum Dictionary removes the lexicon noise and delivers a clear, concise definition of Agile terms, complete with examples and related terminology, in a format that’s as user-friendly as they come.