Duration: 2 days
Required Reading: Scrum 101: A Pocket Guide
Outcome: CSM eligibility
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can explore the practice of Scrum and relate it to your work environment.
- Leverage Natural Rhythms and Time-boxing
- Establish a flow of product delivery
- Details ScrumMaster, Product Owner and The Team
- Use Sprint Planning and Release Planning techniques
- Build and groom both the Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog
- Write User Stories and other kinds of Stories to build robust Capabilities
- Understand the purpose of Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Build cross-functional teams
- Scaling for the Enterprise and Multi-Team Environments
- Use progress metrics to inform decision making
- Estimate and size work items
- Leverage a Buildup Chart over a Burndown Chart
- Use Sprint Goals to manage expectations
What you get…
- Engaging Scrum training from a leading industry expert with years of practical experience
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation upon completion of online assessment
- Two (2) year membership to the Scrum Alliance ($50 value)
- PMP’s – 14 PDU’s from PMI® upon completion of this course
- Free download of Scrum 101 the e-Book. Learn the basics on Scrum roles, events and artifacts.
- An introduction to the latest thinking about scrum, which we call ScrumH
- As a 3Back public course participant, you’ll receive free lifetime access* to the Scrum planning and implementation tool Get To Done® (a value of $60 per year). *Access expires if account remains inactive for 12 consecutive months.
- Course kit includes a color workbook/reference guide, sprint planning cards, and job aids
- Refreshments and lunch served both days
Discover ScrumH, the scale-ready extension of Scrum.
- Identify how ScrumH transforms Team roles in Development.
- Leverage your knowledge of ScrumH with groundbreaking insight to make Scrum work better in your reality.
- Interested in learning more? Join us for the Scrum Zone Conference in Chicago on November 5-9, 2018.
Why Attend 3Back’s Certified ScrumMaster Training?
- Delivered by industry leading experts
- Develop a real product in class
- Sharpen essential Scrum and agile skills
- Discover the impact of how agile/Scrum works
- Earn Your Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation from the Scrum Alliance
Who Should Attend
- People on all levels of the corporate structure dealing with rapidly changing demands
- Project Managers, Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Testers,
- Operations, Sales and Support Team Members
- Directors, Managers and Executives (CIO’S, CTO’s, CMO’s, and CEO’s)
Benefits of Scrum Framework
- Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads.The ScrumMaster uses the framework to help the team mature.
- The roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a triangle that sits at the core of the Scrum Framework.
- Scrum describes several patterns for helping the team improve it’s velocity so that it can deliver on the promise of product development.
High Quality Training from Top Scrum Experts at 3Back
- Delivered by leading Scrum trainers in the US
- Training utilizing modern adult learning practices
- Robust simulations and relevant Scrum applications
- Although this is an introductory class, it is strongly recommended that students have a basic understanding of Scrum and Agile concepts.
3Back Exclusive Scrum Tools
Get To Done®
Get To Done® is both online software and cards on walls. We have worked hard to bring this unique tool to you so that you have full support for writing and managing complex backlogs. Stop regressing! Getting Scrum implemented right is hard, your software tool needs to support the right behaviors or groups often regress. Your registration includes, free of charge, lifetime access* to Get To Done® (a value of $60 per year). *Access expires if account remains inactive for 12 consecutive months.
Scrum Dictionary exists for one simple reason. Words matter. In the world of Agile frameworks, words matter even more. Scrum Dictionary removes the lexicon noise and delivers a clear, concise definition of Agile terms, complete with examples and related terminology, in a format that’s as user-friendly as they come.
Required Reading for the Course
Get the introductory scoop on Scrum. Learn the basics on Scrum roles, events and artifacts. Scrum 101 is a back pocket guide to prepare you for Certified ScrumMaster Training (CSM) or get you ready to enter your first sprint. Download Scrum 101 with your class registration (a $39.99 value).
Optional Reading for the Course
Exploring Scrum: The Fundamentals
by Dan Rawsthorne and Doug Shimp
This book takes a deep, exploratory, look into the Scrum framework, and offers advice about how to think about it, and how to use it. Some of this advice is philosophical, some is pragmatic, some is practical, and some of it is controversial. This book is not an introductory text.