KMP II: Kanban Management Professional
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisites: Successful completion of an Introductory or Foundation I level class (such as KMP I: Kanban Systems Design) or demonstrated knowledge and training in the STATIK method
Outcome: Kanban Management Professional (KMP) Certification
The KMP II: Kanban Management Professional training class is certified by Lean Kanban University. Successful completion of the KMP II class will result in certification as a Kanban Management Professional.
- Looking for a more flexible agile methodology?
- Seeking agility without disrupting your current workflow?
- Tired of trying to artificially divide your services work into Sprints?
If you answered “Yes” to any one of these questions, the Kanban method may be right for your Team or organization.
Through the Kanban Method, you’ll learn how to leverage the tools, collaboration mechanisms and actionable metrics to harness the full potential of your Team(s). Understand the evolutionary and interactive approach to discovering greater customer satisfaction, and further your Team or organization on its way to greater agility.
KMP II: Kanban Management Professional — Overview
What You’ll Get
- Kanban Management Professional Certification – Full attendance and participation in the course will result in becoming a Certified Kanban Management Professional from Lean Kanban University, the world’s first and foremost certifying body for Kanban training. No Exam Required.
- Lean Kanban University Membership – Upon successful completion of your KMP II class, you’ll receive a lifetime membership to Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- FREE agile tool Get To Done® – As a course participant, you’ll receive free lifetime access* to the agile planning and implementation tool Get To Done® (a value of $60 per year). *Access expires if account remains inactive for 12 consecutive months.
- FREE Course Retake Policy – Even with heightened engagement, most of us only retain a fraction of what we learn. That’s why you’ll have the option to retake our class, so if you want to refresh your knowledge, you can do so within six months at no cost. More details at can be found in our policies.
- A Fun and Memorable Learning Experience – This KMP II course is not your usual classroom training. Instructor Marcelo Lopez, Jr. uses cutting edge adult learning practices, which not only make the class enjoyable, but are proven to increase retention and understanding.
What You’ll Learn
- Practice Kanban as a robust blueprint for real-world change management scenarios
- Compile Kanban strategies to sustain and scale evolutionary improvements in your organization
- Learn practical approaches to apply Kanban to projects in your organization
- Incorporate known empirical methods to gain traction with viable improvements
- Enabled by Kanban cadences, apply a tactical approach to organizational feedback loops in common areas, including:
- Operations Review
- Service Delivery Review
- Risk Review
- Gain hands-on learning with an enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Review and explore the motivations for the Kanban method
- Examine and recognize emotional objections to WIP limit introduction
- Assess and interpret the Kanban value system, commitment and replenishment
- Investigate Kanban at scale, understanding the organization as a network of services
- Introducing an enterprise-level Kanban case study
- Identify an evolutionary approach to change management
- Investigate Fitness for purpose, KPIs, and metrics
- Implement organizational feedback loops with Kanban cadences
- Further analyze an enterprise-level Kanban case study
Who Should Attend
The ideal participants of this class are those seeking to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits of applying Kanban to their existing workflows. This course serves those who take responsibility for establishing, managing and/or improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses.
Developers, Project Managers, Testers, CXOs, Engineers, QA Team Members, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, Process Improvement Coaches, Stakeholders, and Sponsors.