Duration: 2 days
Outcome: Learn the basis behind and method for designing Kanban workflow systems.
This class fulfills the Foundation I requirement through Lean Kanban University (LKU) and provides eligibility to take Foundation II courses. (Completion of a Foundation II level class, such as KMP II: Kanban Management Professional, will result in the designation Certified Kanban Management Professional, a recognized industry accreditation offered by LKU.)
KMP I: Kanban Systems Design — Overview
What You’ll Learn
- The Kanban method, its practices and guiding principles
- A systems thinking approach to designing and introducing Kanban systems in your organization
- Ways to improve services delivery to be customer-focused and needs-sensitive
- An understanding of Pull-based workflow
- The benefits of limited Work In Progress (WIP) to increase your team’s efficiency
What You Get
KMP I: Kanban Systems Design — Agenda
The Kanban Systems Design course is a 2-day overview of the Kanban method. Evidence-based information will provide an approach to introducing the method into your organization. Learn the efficacy and effectiveness of Kanban through group exercises, discussion and highly interactive game play.
In Day 1, you’ll learn several key elements of the Kanban Method, including:
- Systems Thinking
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Establishing Policies to Assist Delivery
- Kanban System Mechanics and Indicators
- Commitment Points
- Lead Time
- Capability vs. Deliverability: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
In Day 2, you’ll learn an evidence-based application of the STATIK method, and establish a Kanban system visualization you can immediately apply in your organization:
- The STATIK Method
- Kanban Methods Design Case Study
- Understanding the Need for Change
- Shaping Change through “Demand Analysis”
- Visualizing the Workflow
- Classes of Service Discovery, Design and Decomposition
- Workflow Cadence
Who Should Attend?
The ideal participants of this class are those who take responsibility for improving delivery of products and services to customers of professional service businesses.