Duration: 1 day (it is recommended for this course to be taken with a CSM, CSPO or KMP class)
Outcome: Prepared to take the PMI-ACP exam (see certification requirements below)
Required Reading: Scrum 101: A Pocket Guide
PMI-ACP Certification Prep — Overview
At 3Back, we understand the importance of credentials and certifications. For this reason, 3Back instructors have played a pivotal role in the development of the PMI-ACP certification, from participating in the PMI-ACP exam steering committee to authoring Exploring Scrum: The Fundamentals, the primary Scrum-specific text which PMI chose to use as reference for the exam.
This 1-day PMI-ACP Prep course is designed to prepare students to take the PMI-ACP exam offered by PMI. When paired with a 2-day CSM, CSPO or KMP course, this class will fulfill PMI’s prerequisite of 21 contact hours of agile instruction.
PMI-ACP Application and Certification
In order to apply to become a PMI-ACP, PMI requires the following (please note, these are not required to take the course, but will be required to apply for the certification):
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices. The PMI-ACP Prep class will count toward 7 of these contact hours.
Once PMI has accepted and approved your PMI-ACP application, you will be eligible to schedule and take the PMI-ACP exam. The certification exam has 120 multiple-choice questions and must be completed within three hours.
Once you receive your PMI-ACP certification, you must maintain your certification by earning 30 professional development units (PDUs) in agile topics every three years.
For more information about the PMI-ACP requirements and certification, please visit http://www.pmi.org/certification/agile-management-acp.aspx.
Why Become PMI-ACP Certified?
If you’re experienced using agile approaches, have good collaboration skills, eagerly embrace complexity and thrive on rapid response times, then your talents are in demand. The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
The PMI-ACP® is PMI’s fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts — 75 percent versus 56 percent — as shown in PMI’s 2015 Pulse of the Profession® report.
Need more reasons?
- Increase your versatility! The PMI-ACP spans many approaches to agile such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean, extreme programming (XP) and test-driven development (TDD)
- Currently, more than 80% of projects are done using an agile methodology
- PMI-ACP is the fastest growing PMI certification in the world
- Prove your experience and knowledge with this internationally recognized credential
- A tangible and successful step toward your professional growth in terms of salary and role
- Highly demanded certification from recruiters and hiring managers
- Build your profile as an agile project manager
What You Get
PMI-ACP Certification Prep — Agenda
This 1-day training provides extensive study, exercises and sample tests. The course will cover the recommended and approved syllabus published by PMI on its website:
Domain I. Agile Principles and Mindset
Domain II. Value-driven Delivery
Domain III. Stakeholder Engagement
Domain IV. Team Performance
Domain V. Adaptive Planning
Domain VI. Problem Detection and Resolution
Domain VII. Continuous Improvement (Product, Process, People)
Who Should Attend?
The PMI-ACP Prep course should be taken by anyone planning to take the PMI-ACP exam.
The PMI-ACP certification is a good choice for candidates working on agile teams or in organizations adopting agile practices. Compared with other agile certifications based solely on training and exams, the PMI-ACP is evidence of real-world, hands-on experience and skill. The PMI-ACP certification is ideal for: